Membership of Peak District Artisans
We are an association of around 70 professional artists, designer-makers and artisans based in and around the Peak District. Peak District Artisans (formerly Peak District Products) has steadily grown in range, strength and quality since its inception back in 1991. We actively look for new members every year.
Examples of membership benefits:
- Your own page in a widely distributed annual full-colour printed brochure
- Participation in The Great Dome Art Fair, Buxton, Haddon Hall, and other annual events
- A dedicated web page on our popular website also promoting your events & workshops
- The support network of many other creative businesses in your area
- Use of the PDA card machines at group shows or to hire for your own events
- Inclusion within PDA social media activity (Twitter and Facebook)
Please click here to view quotes from recent members
Membership selections take place twice a year – February and October – where applications are thoroughly reviewed by a membership group representing a cross section of genres. Following this initial review, suitable applicants are invited to interview, where we apply carefully developed assessment criteria.
Successful applicants are selected for their outstanding creative works of art or hand crafted artefacts, reflecting unique skills and creativity. The membership aims to represent professional fine artists, designer makers and artisans based in and around the Peak District.
The following are five main criteria used to inform the assessment of the candidate’s suitability for PDA membership.
- Unique Creative Response
- Development of Ideas
- Presentation & Skill
- Professional and Business Experience
- PDA Membership: reciprocal expectations